The Lady Musgrave Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that receives no funding assistance from government and relies on the kind contributions of private donations and small grants to undertake its important work. Your donation will go directly to services for young women and their children. For example:
- $35 will shelter a young woman for one night
- $70 will shelter a young woman for two nights
- $100 will buy a young child a bed
- $250 will provide shelter for a young woman or small family for one week
The Trust’s “Shelter Me from Homelessness Project” is aimed at raising funds to acquire 8 new accommodation units for homeless women and to continue to provide them with services. Through this project we are aiming to:
- Reduce the number of women and children that are living in motels (with no cooking or laundry facilities) due to their critical circumstances. This is primarily due to a significant shortfall in suitable accommodation for extended periods of time and the women are afraid to return home. These women are escaping domestic violence circumstances, family stress, mental disability and other circumstances.
- Increase the availability of urgent 2-3 night accommodation for young women at risk of homelessness – and address the fact that In Brisbane there are 10 times more beds for homeless men than women
To lend your support please explore our Get Involved options in the main menu.