The Handy Guide for Homeless Women has been developed to provide support services for women who are without shelter or at risk of becoming homeless. It provides details for vital services including:
- Emergency Phone Numbers
- Accommodation such as drop-in support centres, accommodation units and housing services
- Food and welfare such as food vans, kitchens and Centrelink
- Health services such as hospitals, street doctors, and community health centres
- Legal assistance for tenancy/housing problems, and victims of crime
- Community and specialist services for domestic violence support, family support and immigration support
- Facilities such as public libraries, lockers, free transport and toilets
The Handy Guide is available in three ways:
The Mobile Website provides essential services information on an interactive map for easy convenience.
The Handy Guide Mobile Website is available by clicking here.
The homelessness service directory for Brisbane was started by The Lady Musgrave Trust in 2009 and is now is the most highly regarded directory of its kind for women in need in the Brisbane area. The Handy Guide is used by women in need, governments, private and not-for-profit organisations right across the city,
The Handy Guide for Brisbane is available in PDF form online by clicking here
The Handy Guide for Brisbane can also be ordered in A5 hardcopy by clicking here
The Handy Guide for Regional Queensland covers services in key centres across all major centres in Queensland such as Cairns, Townsville, Gold Coast, Ipswich, etc.
The Handy Guide for Regional Queensland is available in PDF form on line by clicking here
The Handy Guide for Regional Queensland can also be ordered in A5 hard copy by clicking here
INFORMATION FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS
The Lady Musgrave Trust regularly updates the versions of the Handy Guide and will update the mobile website accordingly. To add your service or make changes to the existing information in The Handy Guide print version and mobile website, please fill out the online form. If you have any difficulties, please email the LMT Office or call (07) 3077 6760.